One Important Note: Please Save Our Babies!


Today I watched this YouTube video where a baby gets over-emotional when her mom sings a very intense song. That little video drove me nuts for 2 reasons:

  1. When I was a kid I mostly cried for food, extra food. I never got a satiating feeling when comes to food. I was spoilt kid from my infancy. My paatima(grandma) used to tell me that she would feed me with Cerelac and other stuff when I was little. And she would not stop me feeding because I continue to eat, eat and eat. She remembers that I never turned my face, which she feels other babies do when they get full.  There are recorded instances where my eyeballs bulge out because of the intensity of food in my stomach. But in this video, this baby gets watery eyes when her mum starts singing.
  2. I never imagined that a baby could understand a painful love song, which as a grown-up adult, I fail to acknowledge it. May be because I think it’s crazy. But most of the times, I don't properly understand the lyrics when it is sung in a non-carnatic fashion. When I said this to my friend. He told me that the first thing he said to his mom ,when he grew-up,was to stop singing. His mom was a very bad singer
That short video didn't change my perspective about baby’s behavior. If you ever ask me, will a baby understand mature feelings of an adult? I would definitely raise my both hands for the side that supports "No". I still consider infancy as an unadulterated stage of life where we enjoy and understand nothing but pure love, care and unbridled shower of affection. If we need to reconsider our thinking anyway, it would seriously infiltrate the pungency of human life on the little and lovely babies that have whole big bunch of years to become a man/woman.

What would happen if we don't treat babies as babies?  If I was one such baby, I would not seriously understand why my mum sings the same song again and again to make me cry? When I grow-up I cannot even consider having 100 thousand viewers on "emotional baby video" as a strong qualification in my college/grad school resume.  Everyone around me would forget my name and start calling "emotional baby".  My girlfriend, every time, would sing a song to see if I cry. By the time she realizes that I am not "emotional" anymore, she would become my wife and start singing some lame songs to our baby. The only reason she would be living is because I think I am wearing striped dress behind the bars doesn't look good on me. 

I seriously think that preserving the childhood innocence will be posing as a biggest challenge to modern parenting. We are living in the world where babies are entertained by YouTube videos and Spotify songs. Children learn to type ABCD before they start writing.They get exposed to the world in internet before being introduced to the family. They start listening to mature conversations before they start talking. All these are certainly not a good sign of good growth. 

When I was a kid I enjoyed eating toothpaste, biting eraser and fighting with my brother. I don't want ordering pizza online, eating the edges of iPad and fighting on Playing Station as a best memory for our kids in the future.  If we are getting swayed by the preoccupation that this advanced world thrust upon us and fail to protect the innocence of our children, there will be a great drift in the child's behavior forcing us to rewrite the books on children psychology.  

Just for a second, if you think what will happen to the child which an adult who had a cyberhood* will rear? You will not be easing on this topic.  I will try my best to give a best childhood for my kid.  Let’s brace ourselves and enjoy this video where this baby gets tears because of the attachment she has with her mom. 



*cyberhood= cyber+childhood







1 comment

App Development Bangalore | 19 January 2017 at 14:50

Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

Post a Comment