Enlightenment under Usha Fan


Anna University has rescheduled the exam for the third time. So I'm postponing my study plans. Let me tell you, pistaboy(me) is one among the students of the Indian cult. He starts studying before a week for any exam and since this is the last semester of his college life, he was pretty sentimental about that. In a desperation of boosting   his GPAs, CGPAs and other PAs, he seemed to be somewhat unusually studious. Yet he hasn't started because of the only one reason : He loves enthralling experience which the last minute rush give him. And he is very much addicted to it. 

That day, he felt a little twinge in his heart which he hadn't noticed for a long time. Then he heard some noises flocking inside his head, it traveled through the spines and left his entire body reverberating. Altogether, it was very strange feeling to describe. He was amused on the otherside; he knew it all happened because he started studying for his exam. He took the book in his firm hand and wished not to sleep again.


In India, we respect teacher and books. That's why we write about the teachers in the bathroom wall and use the pages of the books to parcel sundal and samosas .You see, I'm not like them,I have a great reverence for Godess Saraswasti ( because only on the Saraswathi pooja, parents let us not to touch the books) and all the teachers who love me and put marks (I hate the rest). Books are the manifestation of Sarasawati ma. So before touching her, I bow my head on the table to show my respect to her. And I even pray to them to make me all clear in the semesters.





Every time I do this, I had to fight for two things : 
  1.  I had to keep myself engaged to the prayer. The worst thing about my brains is that it wander at the rate of 60 seconds per minute.
  2. I sleep soon after closing my eyes. 
So I slid my head on the table to plead for my victory. As the time elapsed, I saw the first spike of brightness in the dark expanse inside my eye-balls. 
Wah..I got enlightenment...I thought. And I continued doing it for some more time. After 5 minutes of veneration, I heard a slight noise; I believed it was Saraswathi ma talking to me. It was very light whispering kind of bantering. I sharpened my hearing senses; I could decrypt the noises now. Actually it was sound of snoring which was rising aloft. I thought to swear him in bad words. Yet I simply rejected it and persuaded myself for enlightenment. So, I closed my eyes tightly and began chanting saraswati mantra:

saraswati namasubhyam...varadhae kama rupini
oh shit I forgot the next line. Let me try once again  I thought

Again I started 

          
saraswati namasubhyam...Iyo this time I forgot the next word itself..

I confessed to Saraswati ma for my forgiveness..


I heard the amplitude of the snore increasing. I wanted to hit the faggot with a bat for disturbing my prayers. Meanwhile, I heard some voice calling me..


"Kannna...Karthii...Thoongadha thambi..endha kaapi koodi"

* Kannna..Karthii...Don't sleep.. Drink this coffee*


I opened my eyes slowly.It was my mom standing with a cup of coffee.She smirked at me and said
"Ena Thambi..Marupadiyum Saraswathi Poojaya??"

 * What...It's Saraswathi pooja again?*


I took a sip of the hot coffee. And started thinking amid the prayers when did I fell asleep. Anyway, after finishing the coffee  I decided to start the prayers again!



PS:
For those who don't believe in the paradoxes of time travelling, studying in the last minute is the best choice to understand it.


1 comment

App Development Bangalore | 23 February 2017 at 12:27

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

Post a Comment