"Why the Hell I need a Job?"


"Ena pa thambi, edhu vaenum soft a ila core a??"*What do you want soft or core??*,asked thePlacement Coordinator. If you wonder what is soft or core I'm pretty sure that  you aren't an Engineer.By the way soft refers to software and core implies any other thing other than software.Obviously am speaking about the job.As  respected Super Seniors of the reputed college, we are promised with a job before stepping outta the campus.And 9.5 out of 10 wants a job in company which gives them tea-coffee for simply tapping the keys in front of computer screens and the companies do give some good salaries which wouldn't suffice my boozing bills.Generally in software jobs  you don't have to pull the plugs and screw the bolts but its a mind blowing job  that would make any highly intellectual people to run  around the city yelling out
 # include<iostream.h> someday.Still many freaks get into those companies

And Christopher Technology Simplified, one of those companies which recruits people with intellectual skills. I heard the CEO of CTS impressed with herd computing so he usually take the freshers in herds,and this year is not an exception either.My friends are so desperate about getting a call letter from such a  company* which pays them for sitting inside 4x4 cabin with a beautiful computer and unlimited internet access.Life is pretty hectic, only the title of the job is SOFT and not the nature.Engineering already mind-fucked the people and as they enter into an IT field its pretty clear they are brain ditched and fully flushed.

Whenever people ask me with reference to some work in a company like ChristopherTS. I feel like shouting out "HELL I'm not so intellectual to run around the city without any dress and moreover My mom makes a good cup of coffee",I simply can't imagine myself siting in a cabin so furiously tapping the keys for for 12 hours a day for some  money.

But still when people tried convincing me and pushed my mind to the verge of instability. In spite of knowing am weak in mathematics, I rigorously calculated with the basic knowledge about operation of the calculator,
I Repeated the calculation for bloody thousand times It said a simple Result
                                      22000*36=792 000
but my friend with the coffee dreams says i'm wrong...I don't find any mistake.In other 2years they would save a gross amount of 17K US dollars which doesnt seem to be a good amount when compared to
                                       10000*12=120 000

which is 120K USD  thats approximately 8 times than my fellow friends earned in CTS,Willington programs or any other mind fucking companies.Also I would have nice american brunets to cool off my weekend.Phew..it so embarrassing for me to do all this calculation because I dont care what do I get but rather I prefer what should i do.

 I don't find any other thing that can substitute the gratification of doing something I wanted..And how could anyone who has worked hard to taste the essence of core engineering would happily work in a Software company which is not their piece of cake.And if I have to work in such a company I'm sure my inner conscience will kill me.

Adding to it, there will be no reason for why I learnt all the Electrical stuffs to hire a job which is no way related to it. "So whats next?" the voices questioned me.

"MS in AMERICA" is the only expected answer but I said
"Why the Hell I need A Job?"



7 comments

Shiwan | 3 September 2011 at 13:44

Software, seems to be a soft job, but hell it sucks to hear when people say, "Dude, I work with CTS (or Wipro or Anyother for that matter), f****** amazing s***. Not rotting in a manufacturing plant or a power plant or sit in the midst of gamblers calling themselves R&D personnel like you". What the f*** are you satisfied with it? Will you be able to satisfy yourself, leave your spose.

Unknown | 3 September 2011 at 18:47

haha .. MAss da mama :D Gireesh here !

Rk | 3 September 2011 at 19:24

@Shiwan: well said!!

Rk | 3 September 2011 at 19:26

@ author who assumes himself as "A STANDARD AUTHOR"... fuck off!!yu dunno the stress tht yu get wen yu are jobless... i wish yu don get tht feel ever ever ever in yr life time... adu vanda theriyum machei!!apa solluva:''Enna vaazhka da idhu ??" nu... adukku, IT evalavo thevalaam!!

Rk | 3 September 2011 at 19:28

not that i support software! but without knowing simply dont criticize!!!

pistaboy | 3 September 2011 at 21:50

@Rk
I never presumed or assumed myself as a standard author.How can you simply convince yourself to choose an IT carrier which is deviating 999.5% away from the EEE stuff which we struggled to understand it for 7 semesters??

I know for someone to get placed is everything,I'm sure that you all people can easily get a core based job but still you people compromise your dreams and I criticize that not the bloody job brother!

CookieCrumbsInc. | 9 September 2011 at 17:12

Rant alert:)
Feel better soon!

Post a Comment