When the Spark hits..


It was a lazy Sunday morning,I felt everything to be slow and unaware of the surroundings, I was like a crawling snake in my bed till before I heard noises outside..So at last I decided to open the window to see whats happening over there.

I could see crowd of white heads moving along the roads chanting some slogans like
"ji anna ki jai".
I thought it to be some political manifestos,but it does not looked like that so i gradually went down to the road to know about it .To my wonder I noticed a 6 year old small boy over the shoulders of his father giving away some pamphlets,so I took one from him and I was very astonished to look over the crowd it was a perfect mix of all Indians I could see Sikhs, Muslims,christians,hindus ,old people,youths,children and all.

I realized something must have happened, which led to this agitation.I gently looked into the pamphlet,
it said "India against corruption movement" so it made me to contemplate when the fittest  cheat for its bread and butter, no one cares but when it cheats for a bread factory,it smells something fishy and I know its very analogues to corruption - a deep rooted practice in the Indian economy.

I don't know a bit about this septuagenarian.Some people says he is powerless lame man, others retired army havildar and some others social worker.I know clearly that  he is not a graduate from Harvard nor a talented politician from a 150 year old political party but he is a man who has his thoughts coherently synchronized and in resonance with the minds of 1500 million Indians..


Everyday in the roads,in the internet,in the shops we could see busy people buzzing all around running behind their jobs for money,even a single penny has its own story.But what happens when someone like wonderful politicians easily looting their hard earned money.
We pay no concern to it, unless we are involved into it or else we realize it. This old man when he saw the filthy avaricious politicians indulged in unethical money making activities,he simply sat without food,water without any violence and everyone knew he is on the way which led by Gandhiji to express his criticism. Its funny when some "white" politicians refer his style of agitations as nothing short of "black mail" against the "noble" government which strives against corruption.

But it is very clear for a  common man to understands it as not a hunger strike but as a poor old man's agony on  badly selfish people.No one imagined this feeble superannuated man could rise echoes for his voice.Its a trivial characteristics of the awesomely good human race to follow behind a leader or an archetype who unifies their thought, social disgust,feeling.Like Mahatma evolved in 1947 awakening the uniform feeling of independence among every single citizens of India and now its turn for Kisan Baburao Hazare to ignite the "spark", the spark against corruption.


If we steal the public property the Government sues us and we are afraid to do it.But its not the case when someone in power does the same thing, because they mend the laws for their own sake.Anna felt it to be as unfair which led  to the evolution of the Mass movement.Now everyone supports Anna, even the Congress too!


I'm here at Rajghat ,one among a million standing in the rain to hear to this angry old man.
All over the air, its Anna here.But I'm still in the state of confusion so I asked out
"who is Anna??"
"YOU" the answer came from a guy near me.
"huh?? who are you then??", i asked
"mein Anna hum", he said with a smile.
I was confused at first, later I smiled in acceptance.I know this is what happens when the spark hits!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment